- Any person who is interested in pursuing any of the said purposes may be invited by the Association to participate in its work, provided that the aggregate number of members shall be limited to a number as the Association may from time to time determine.
- Membership of the Association shall be of two kinds:
- Individual members who shall be either full or associate members;
- Group members who shall be constituent bodies
- The Association may from time to time invite the person holding any office to become an ex-officio member of the Association.
- The Association may invite any person to attend its meetings as an observer but without power to vote.
- The Association may co-opt persons having special knowledge or experience, provided that the number of co-opted members shall not exceed one-fourth of the members of the Association.
Individual membership shall open, irrespective of political party, nationality, religious, opinion, race or color, to:
- All persons aged eighteen and over living in Tanzania who shall be called full members.
- Well-wishers anywhere who shall be called associate members. Associate members shall not have the right to vote at members' meetings, but may elect from among themselves one representative to the Association who shall have the right to vote as if he were a full member. The Association shall determine the manner in which associate members elect their representatives from time to time.